Gold Coast Smoke Alarms
We’ll take care of your smoke alarm needs!
Call Oceanside Services on 1300 998 257 – 1 hour emergency response!
We know smoke alarms!
- Smoke alarm installations
- Smoke alarm repairs & maintenance
- Photoelectric smoke alarms which comply with Australian
- Standard (AS) 3786-2014
- Rental property certification
- Qualified licensed technicians
- Security for your family and assets
A smoke alarm is a very basic but essential safety feature for all homes. They literally save lives and protect your most important assets from being damaged or destroyed by a fire. Smoke detectors have the advantage of being able to detect smoke from a fire well before a person could, especially if asleep.
Did you know the risk of death from fire is up to three times higher in homes without smoke detectors? This is why it’s extremely important that they are installed in your home or workplace and serviced regularly by a professional.
In Queensland smoke alarms are mandatory for all new homes, including rental properties. A basic but essential safety feature, smoke alarms can literally save lives and protect your most important assets from being damaged or destroyed through fire.
Smoke detectors detect smoke from fire well before the home occupants would, especially if asleep, and allow more time for emergency steps to be taken to save lives and property.
Changes to smoke alarm legislation in Queensland are rolling out. This applies to:
- New dwellings and dwellings being substantially renovated – From 1 January 2017
- Dwellings being sold, leased or an existing lease is renewed – From 1 January 2022
- For existing dwellings – From 1 January 2027
Smoke alarms in all dwellings must:
- be photoelectric (AS 3786-2014); and
- not also contain an ionisation sensor; and
- be less than 10 years old; and
- operate when tested; and
- be interconnected with every other smoke alarm in the dwelling so all activate together.
Smoke alarms must be installed on each storey:
- in each bedroom; and
- in hallways which connect bedrooms and the rest of the dwelling; or
- if there is no hallway, between the bedrooms and other parts of the storey; and
- if there are no bedrooms on a storey at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling.
*Smoke alarms must be either hardwired or powered by a non-removable 10-year battery.
If you want to know more about how the legislation affects you, visit the Queensland Fire & Emergency Services website.
For peace of mind, get your smoke alarms checked and serviced regularly by your local smoke alarm experts – Oceanside Services.
Attention Landlords and Real Estate Agents!
Rental property owners and real estate agents are required by law to install and maintain smoke detectors. Oceanside Services offer inspections of smoke alarms systems and certification for your rental property.
If you need smoke detectors installed in your home or property, or require servicing and certification, call Oceanside Services today and make sure your family and valuable assets are fully protected. We service all areas of the Gold Coast.
Call us today on 1300 998 257 or email email@example.com
Gold Coast Smoke Alarms | Oceanside Services